Privacy Policy

Friday 11 May 2018

Sand & Sandals Resort & Spa Desaru Beach

As I've promised in my previous entry, here's my review on Sand & Sandals Resort & Spa. This is purely my own honest opinion and I did not get any paid for this. You might have other comments and opinions, you may leave it on the comment box below 😄

Sand & Sandals Resort & Spa Desaru Beach

I just realized that I did not snap a picture of the resort main entrance, so hereby I post a picture with two men who completed their 113 Triathlon !! (hope they are not angry with me posting their pic hahaha)
The guys who completed their 113 Triathlon from 7am !
Once we reached the lobby, we were welcomed with long queue (I didn't snap a pic on it as I was just too tired after the long journey from Sg) to check-in and it took them almost 30mins to settle per room check-in. We just need the room to put our stuff and settle down as the participants of the 113 Triathlon (read the reason why I visited Desaru on my previous blog here 😃) needed to attend their briefing and collect their race pack as well.

The long check-in at least paid off ! The resort has quite nice view and landscaping =) Below is the view before we enter the lift. There is one lift and total of 5 floors only (we gotten the top floor yay !)
Morning and Night comparison view =)
The room we booked is Deluxe Garden View and it is super spacious that I can just jump or dance around and my boyfriend can put his bicycle as well. We booked the room from Agoda, S$303.70 for 3 days and 2 nights =)
Room View
Room View (other perspectives)
My beloved boyfriend stuffs preparation for the 113 Triathlon 
The room has fridge (totally empty), coffee and tea set with 2 bottles of water. If you want to have additional coffee or tea, please top up RM3 or if you want additional bottle of water, please pay another RM1 😲
Left - Coffee and Tea set
Right - Shower amenities
The bathtub is located outside of the room, at the balcony ! They have three panels to close the surrounding that you can move around. If you worry that people might be able to peep on you, don't fret, as they actually make the side balcony with fixed panels that you can't move around =)

Bathtub ~

Room service is 24 hours. Menu is per below =)

Good stuff in the resort for those arcade game lovers. They have their own game room, from the Initial D, Time Crisis, to Basketball. They have 2 pools table as well 😁
Game room for kids and adult =)
The pool is amazing too as they have small pool for kids, pool for the adults, separate pool whereby they have one slide for the kids to play (located separately from the small pool) also best part LAP POOL !! They created the pool as if it's beach-like unlike the usual pool =)
Pool Side ~

Leaving my sandals before going into water ~

Lap pool !
The gym is so so not so amazing but I'm impressed they are using good quality machine (Life Fitness if I'm not mistaken). It's overseeing the lap pool area ~
Gym ~
The beach is pretty usual and not much wow-ing. They are quite a number of big rocks in the middle that it will be dangerous if you go swim. The water temperature was cooling but the sands is crazy hot as it was quite sunny (it was around 9+ actually)
Us capturing the evidence that we've been here ~ 😆
Nice morning vitamin-sea ~

View at night of the beach from rooftop bar

Overall experience? I would say it's decent and it's really suitable for couples and also family with kids =) Oh, and for breakfast, don't expect too much. It is just so so too. Haha.

Worth to go back? Hmm, I would say not really as I believe there are more awesome place that yet to be explored and compared =) Well unless you don't want to travel that far (if driving for 2hrs+ not consider far) and still want beach life haha.

Hope this can help you to make decision to stay at Sand & Sandals resort or not =)
Ps: all pictures taken Huawei P20 Pro =)

Resort Details -
Sands & Sandals Resorts & Spa
Address : Bandar Penawar, 81930 Kota Tinggi, Johor, Malaysia
Phone    : +607 822 2222
Website : http://www.sandandsandals.com/

Have a good day ahead peeps !!

10 Days Couple Trip to Australia | Sydney & Tasmania (Part 2)

After long procrastination (as usual 😂), finally I managed to write the continuation of the part 1 to our 10 days couple trip at Tasmania =...