Privacy Policy

Friday 18 May 2018

{Review} The Brew Orchestra

Finally I got the time to pin down my thoughts about this cafe. Last visited this place was like two weeks ago when we went JB. Since JB has been quite popular with the cafe-hopping scenario, I asked my boyfriend to drive us to The Brew Orchestra.

We were quite expectant to taste the food and coffee as there were quite a number of reviews saying this place is really good (looking from their Facebook page). We were quite famished too cause we had our breakfast around 8am at the resort and did not have anything else after. It took us around 1 hour to reach this place after checking out from the resort (read about it here).

The place looks cozy and comfortable. When we visited it was around 2pm, and only a few table was taken so it’s quite quiet =) We were greeted by friendly staff and decided to sit at the long table which is right in front of the coffee bar area ~
Long table, the entrance is on the left on this picture =)
You can see there's a glass panel with the handle.
The bar area =)
Looking at the menu, they had quite a various items that are interesting. When I took the menu picture, the staffs keep on glancing to me as if I’m weirdo LOL
Because I work in printing industry, looking at their menu makes me a bit sad as I felt they can do much better for their menu presentation =(
Beverage Menu

Food Menu
Since both of us needed caffeine shot (we did not have any coffee for one day and both of us are craving for it LOL), we ordered Caffee Latte and Hazelnut Latte. Both our latte taste okay. He doesn't like my Hazelnut latte as it is too sweet for him 😄
Caffe Latte - RM12.00
Hazelnut Latte - RM14.00
As for the food, I decided to go with Egg Benedict (most recommended in the review) and my boyfriend ordered Sakura Ebi & Tobiko Pasta. We ordered Balsamic Grilled Mushroom for sharing as well (effect of being too hungry; ordered every single thing that I feel like eating) We almost ordered more but I managed to stop cause we experienced quite few times ordering too much food and end up we are always forcing our self to finish it 😆

FINALLY THE FOOD COME !!

They served the mushroom in a small bowl and next moment I knew, this is slightly over-priced. We can cook this our self too !!! Button mushroom sliced to small slices with balsamic oil and chopped condiment such as basil or rosemary to enhance the fragrance. 
Presentation wise - normal
Taste wise - normal

Portion vs Price - not worth it =( slightly overpriced?
Balsamic Grilled Mushroom - RM10.00

To be very frank, the egg benedict is just so so, not as great as many has written down on the review of the Facebook. I’m sorry to say but it really just tastes nothing special and no wow-factor 😞 My expectation was crushed but at least it makes me full (yeah just full not satisfied 😔) IMHO, the hollandaise sauce should be the wow factor, but nah I don't get it from here.

Presentation wise - okay
Taste wise - normal
Portion vs Price - reasonable
Egg Benedict Deluxe - RM22.00

Meanwhile for the pasta, it's not bad, but it's too salty for me. My other half likes it so much though cause of the overflowing tobiko (probably this is the reason why it's salty. Hahaha !!)

Presentation wise - okay
Taste wise - too salty for me 😔
Portion vs Price - worth the price ~
Sakura Ebi & Tobiko - RM 21.00

Overall experience? Was okay (thanks to the atmosphere of the cafe)
Will I come back? Probably meh as I prefer to try out different place
Worth to spend your money here? Maybe once in a while when you're feeling rich LOL

Let me know in the comment section if you have tried other items from this cafe or you disagree with me for this post =) 

Location –
19, Jalan Molek 1/5C
Taman Molek, 81100 Johor Bahru

10 Days Couple Trip to Australia | Sydney & Tasmania (Part 2)

After long procrastination (as usual 😂), finally I managed to write the continuation of the part 1 to our 10 days couple trip at Tasmania =...