Privacy Policy

Thursday 17 May 2018

{Review} - Leong Kee (Klang) Bak Kut Teh

There are two types of Bak Kut Teh that I've tried in life, the herbal and the pepper based soup (I think there are only two types hor, if got any others please do let me know haha)

I've been craving for the herbal-based soup bak kut teh (BKT) since I came to Singapore as I'm used to the taste when I was still at Malaysia. The BKT at Singapore mostly is pepper-based which to be honest I don't like it at all πŸ˜žπŸ˜’

After long searching, lo and behold I managed to find it (thanks to boyfriend as well πŸ˜‚) and satisfy my craving!! Although I'm quite sad that they don't have θ‚‰εœ“ (rou yan, meatballs), but happy that they have δΈ‰θΎ°θ‚‰ (pork belly, but if you literally translated it, three layer meat LOL sinful sia!!) I said this as the last round I went JB to have BKT, I don’t have the chance to have pork belly (you can find the review here)

We ordered for two pax with two rice (the amount of rice is too generous that I can’t finish it. In the end, almost half of my portion gone to my boyfriend so he’s eating 1 and ½ bowl πŸ˜‚)

The soup taste is heavenly good (as I can’t find one like this in Singapore for the past 3 years) so I might be overly happy describing this food =p We got 10 slices of pork ribs (yeah I literally count how many both of us eaten) and few slices of  pork belly (I did not count this LOL)
Bak Kut Teh for two pax =)

We ordered a portion of youtiao (Chinese fried churros or doughnut) and a portion of braised peanuts (man I love this so much that I just keep on eating and then regretting it after I’m full cause I might have pimples on the next day HAHAHAHA)
Braised peanuts

Youtiao 

Why youtiao? Don’t ask me sia cause to be honest I don’t know but I think it just a culture thing. We will soak it in the BKT soup (yeah we literally just throwing it in every 3-4 pieces) and when it’s soaked with the soup we will eat it. The combination of the soup and doughnut is just perfect =) I don’t touch my rice mainly because of this reason LOL

As for the peanuts, it’s just a condiment too. Don’t even know the reason why people order this when they have BKT or other dish such as kway chap. The peanut texture is so soft and the taste is just nice, not too salty =)

Will I go back to this place? Definitely YES !
Is it worth the price? Absolutely YES !

Cost for this meal - S$19.40 (2 pax)

Location -
Leong Kee (Klang) Bak Kut Teh
251 Geylang Road, 389309

10 Days Couple Trip to Australia | Sydney & Tasmania (Part 2)

After long procrastination (as usual πŸ˜‚), finally I managed to write the continuation of the part 1 to our 10 days couple trip at Tasmania =...